While most Hummels go for $50, some of them are worth a few hundred dollars, and rare Hummels can sell for up to 5-figures during auctions. If you have a Hummel figurine, but you’re not sure what it’s worth, stick around. It might be a hidden gem.
Where is Hummel sportswear made?
What do the numbers on the bottom of a Hummel mean?
The identifying marks on the UNDERSIDE of Hummels tell the Hummel Model Number (HUM), the size indicator (Arabic and Roman Numerals), the year of release (usually the year after the production year), and sometimes the paint and/or painters code numbers (incised Arabic numbers or script initials).
What is the difference between Goebel and Hummel figurines?
Hummel Figurines are made by Goebel. This makes Hummels only one line in the Goebel product catalog. While unfortunately the Goebel company ceased production of Hummels in 2008, the true Hummels crafted between 1934 and cease of production were stamped with one of the many Goebel company symbols.
Where can I sell my Hummels 2020?
– Auction House.
– Internet site such as RubyLane.
– Hummel collector club publications (these usually have a for sale or classified ads section you can advertise your Hummels in)
– Well know antique/collectible publications (classified ads section)
What Hummel figurine is the most valuable?
Which Hummels are worth the most?
– Adventure Bound. Hummel number: 347. Hummel’s estimated fair market value: $1,630.33. …
– Picture Perfect. Hummel number: 2100. …
– Ring Around the Rosie. Hummel number: 348. …
– School Boys. Hummel number: 170/III. …
– School Girls. Hummel number: 177/III. …
– Forever Friends. Hummel number: 2255.
How can you tell if a Hummel is real?
There are two definitive marks of identification on a genuine MI Hummel. The first is the official Goebel trademark. Although the looks of the trademark have varied since 1935, every MI Hummel will have a Goebel stamp on the underside. If you don’t see this trademark, then the Hummel is not authentic.
What is the most popular Hummel?
1. The Merry Wanderer- Hummel #7 and #11. The Merry Wanderer, first modeled in 1935 by Arthur Moeller is thought to be the most popular Hummel.
Do they still make Hummels?
Hummel production by the Goebel company ceased in 2008 when a subsidiary company assumed operation, so it seems the ever-increasing rarity of antique and vintage Hummels over time will support the longevity of the market.
How do I know if my Hummels are valuable?
TMK Mark / Goebel Trademark Different logos were used in different periods, which makes it easy to identify how old your Hummel is. Goebel first started with TMK-1 (oldest) and moved all the way through TMK-8 (newest). Suffice to say, if you have a TMK-2 or a TMK-3, your Hummel is older and worth more.
What figurines are worth money?
– Early Meissen Figurines. Established in Germany in 1710, Meissen has always had one of the best reputations for fine quality, lovely porcelain figurines, according to Christie’s. …
– Large Capodimonte Pieces. …
– Dresden Lace Figurines. …
– Rare Sevres Figurines. …
– Figurines by Royal Nymphenburg.
Will Hummels increase in value?
The value of Hummel figurines saw a steady increase until the 1970s. There are a few rare Hummels that are worth significant value, but the most are worth around $50. The value depends largely on the age and demand for the piece.
Do they still make Hummel figurines?
Franz Goebel & Figurine Production Goebel produced the first Hummel figurines in 1935 and production continues until this day.
Is Hummel a good brand?
Clothing is great quality and they sponsor sports teams all over EU as well. I know Hummel mainly for their handball gear, they’re a German Danish brand and I’ve never seen them outside of Germany tbh, they’re not even very popular here (except for handball).
What is the rarest Hummel figurine?
Don’t forget to share this post !