Who was the first foreign NBA player?
Where is Eduardo Najera now?
Eduardo Alonso Nájera Pérez (Spanish pronunciation: [eˈðwaɾðo ˈnaxeɾa]) (born July 11, 1976) is a Mexican retired professional basketball player and currently a scout with the Dallas Mavericks.
Who was the first non white player to enter the NBA?
Wataru “Wat” Misaka
How old is Eduardo Najera?
44 yearsJuly 11, 1976
Who was the first Japanese NBA player?
What happened to Najera?
Death ruled a suicide. … Police reported that a White Settlement officer had shot David Najera on Tuesday after he refused to put down his handgun, but the medical examiner’s office issued a ruling that Najera died from a gunshot wound to the neck and ruled his death a suicide.
Who was the first Mexican NBA player?
Who is the best Japanese basketball player?
– Rui Hachimura Hachimura is one of the new generations of professional basketballers that are helping to shape the game in Japan. …
– Yuta Watanabe In Japan, media headlines referred to this basketball star as “The Chosen One” or “The Special One”, due to his prowess in the game.
Who was the first Hispanic basketball player?
Who is Hispanic in the NBA?
– Trevor Ariza. Oklahoma City Thunder. 35 2.03/ 6’8” PF. …
– F. Campazzo. Denver Nuggets. …
– Marc Gasol. Los Angeles Lakers. 35 2.11/ 6’11” C. …
– J. Hernangómez. …
– W. Hernangóm. …
– Al Horford. Oklahoma City Thunder. …
– Ricky Rubio. Minnesota Timberwolves. …
– Juan Toscano. Golden State Warriors.
Is there a Mexican in the NBA?
There have been just four other Mexicans in the NBA since 1973 (per RealGM), without counting Juan: Eduardo Najera, Horacio Llamas, Jorge Gutierrez, and Gustavo Ayon. All of them played at least 28 games (Llamas) and up to 619 (Najera).
How many Mexicans are in the NBA?
According to the Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sport, the NBA was only 2.3% Latino last season. That translates to just 11 players. But the league has made a point of focusing on fostering talents outside the United States.
What percentage of the NBA is Hispanic?
According to racial equality activist Richard Lapchick, the NBA in 2015 was composed of 74.4 percent black players, 23.3 percent white players, 1.8 percent Latino players of any race, and 0.2 percent Asian players.
Who was the first Mexican born player in the NBA?
Who was the first non white player to play in the NBA?
Don’t forget to share this post !