– Turnover Differential/Assist-To-Turnover Ratio. The first thing you should take a look at is the total turnovers by both teams and see who came out on top. …
– Rebounding Margin/Offensive Rebounds. Team A pulls down 48 total rebounds, 15 offensive. …
– Free Throw Differential. …
– Assists on Field Goals %
What is the most important stat in basketball?
defensive effective field goal percentage
Who has the highest point average in the NBA right now?
How do you read NBA stats?
– MIN = Minutes.
– FGM = Field-goals made.
– FGA = Field-goals attempted.
– FG% = Field goal percentage.
– 3PM = 3-pointers made.
– 3PA = 3-pointers attempted.
– 3P% = 3-point percentage.
– FTM = Free throws made.
Is per a good stat?
PER can be a useful stat, but not on its own, and certainly not as an end-all-be-all measure in player comparison. It’s ok for trying to find efficiency trends in a large group of players — for example, how does salary affect efficiency?Mar 1, 2018
What is the most important rule in basketball?
1) The player must bounce, or dribble, the ball with one hand while moving both feet. If, at any time, both hands touch the ball or the player stops dribbling, the player must only move one foot. The foot that is stationary is called the pivot foot. 2) The basketball player can only take one turn at dribbling.
Who leads the NBA in blocks per game?
1 Myles TurnerIND 4.2
2 Chris BoucherTOR 2.5
3 Andre DrummondCLE 2.4
4 Miles BridgesCHA 1.8
What do the abbreviations in basketball stats mean?
PTS: points. FGM, FGA, FG%: field goals made, attempted and percentage. FTM, FTA, FT%: free throws made, attempted and percentage. 3FGM, 3FGA, 3FG%: three-point field goals made, attempted and percentage. REB, OREB, DREB: rebounds, offensive rebounds, defensive rebounds.
What is the per stat?
The Player Efficiency Rating (PER) is a per-minute rating developed by ESPN.com columnist John Hollinger. In John’s words, “The PER sums up all a player’s positive accomplishments, subtracts the negative accomplishments, and returns a per-minute rating of a player’s performance.”Apr 13, 2017
Who has the most turnovers in the NBA?
Rank Player TOV
—- ————– —-
1. Karl Malone* 4524
2. LeBron James 4441
3. Moses Malone* 4264
4. John Stockton* 4244
What is the NBA plus minus stat?
Plus/Minus (PM): The PM stat is “Plus/Minus”, and reflects how the team did while that player is on the court. If a player has a +5 PM, it means his team outscored the opponent by 5 points while he was on the court. If he has a -3, then the opposing team outscored his team by 3 points while he was on the court.
What is a good PER in the NBA?
A league-average PER is always 15.00, which permits comparisons of player performance across seasons. PER takes into account accomplishments, such as field goals, free throws, 3-pointers, assists, rebounds, blocks and steals, and negative results, such as missed shots, turnovers and personal fouls.
What does +/- mean in stats?
The plus–minus sign (also, plus or minus sign), ±, is a mathematical symbol with multiple meanings. In mathematics, it generally indicates a choice of exactly two possible values, one of which is obtained through addition and the other through subtraction.
How are NBA stats calculated?
Total fouls divided by games played. Total charges taken divided by games played. Total points scored for your team divided by games played. Total points scored by opponents divided by games played.
What are the 5 main rules in basketball?
– The player must bounce, or dribble, the ball with one hand while moving both feet. …
– The basketball player can only take one turn at dribbling. …
– The ball must stay in bounds. …
– The players hand must be on top of the ball while dribbling.
What does Per mean in the NBA?
player efficiency rating
Don’t forget to share this post !